Monday, April 18, 2005

Almost



I have for a long time wanted to by myself a new scanner to scan negatives. Two weeks ago I finally got around and ordered Epson’s brand new 4990 with a resolution of 4800 dpi.

Today it finally arrived. I eagerly opened the package, started to install the software, and then - when I was about to fit the lid onto the scanner - I heard a rumbling sound. All the parts inside were loose. What a disappointment!
I called the guys at the net shop I bought it from. They were helpful – but unfortunately they did not have a new scanner at hand. Now I have to wait indefinitely before they can send me a new one.

I was planning on using the 4990 to scan old family photos. Many of the paper prints have gone missing over the years, but I have thousands of negatives stored away in a safe-deposit box. It shall be fun, when the new scanner arrives, to have a look at the negatives from my grandparents as well as photos from my own youth.

I guess I shall be posting some of them on this blog.

No comments: