Sunday, March 13, 2005

The TV News



This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the news - but is a snapshot view towards south from the city of Bodo today.

The TV news however: Don't get me started. Today the 4 first minutes was dedicated to some Norwegian who won a gold medal at biathlon. They aired her friends singing their little hastily composed hymn to her, the reporter (?) getting a cream cake at him and some other nonsense. I say - there must be more important events going on in the world. The Norwegian news are getting more and more like cheap tabloids.

3 comments:

JonBen said...

I regret to inform you (as you most probably already know) that this is not confined to Norway. Here in Canada the story is very similar, with much camera time spent on mindless drivel...

I encourage you to do what I do... blame the United States! :D

Simone said...

Your photos are beautiful Roger. I hope you get some good holiday time in soon.

Anonymous said...

"I encourage you to do what I do...blame the United States!"

You're so silly, it's cute!