Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Cleaning Out My Closet

Literally. That’s what I did yesterday. Three big, black garbage plastic bags with clothes.

Amazing how much stuff that fills up my closets. But now I have done a real job emptying out a bunch of old ties, suits (as good as new), jackets, pants, sweaters, belts – you name it. Even some brand new shirts, still in their plastic wrappings had to go. It feels kind of good having gone through everything. I still have a lot of stuff, but I see that I have to buy myself some new pants.
I drove the bags to a recycling place. The man there told me they shipped everything to Oslo, and from there to Romania where there was some kind of big reception that sorted the clothes and shipped them to areas where they were needed. (No warm winter jackets to Africa).

I hope their new owners will be happy.

No comments: