Tuesday, October 25, 2005

National Gallery, London


The National Gallery (Picture: atpm.com)


Saturday I had the day off in London. I went to the National Gallery and had a look at their collection. My favorite painter is Pierre Auguste Renoir. It is strange, but whenever I stand in front of one of his paintings I get tears in my eyes. My favorite at the gallery is La Premiere Sortie. (The First Outing) (Below).

I had a nice walk back to the hotel again through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. There still were some roses along the path and it smelled lovely. Lots of squirrels were running around trying to fill their winter storages.

Later at evening I went out with some of the crew and had a nice meal at an Italian restaurant close by the hotel. We had an early pickup Sunday morning so it turned out a nice and quiet evening.

1 comment:

Simone said...

Hm, I thought I was the only one who weeps while in the midst of greatness!

I weep when looking at Van Gogh's works.