Friday, November 26, 2004

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Arrived at the airport in BKK at 6 am. After passing the immigration where we got our 30 day visa, we continued to the baggage claim only to find a man with my name on a paper. They had forgotten to load our luggage in Stockholm, and it would arrive on the next plane later the same day.
Only having the clothes we had on it did not seem to tempting to continue out in 30C+ without changing, so I phoned our crew hotel in BKK – the Rembrandt Hotel - and got a room there to wait for our luggage to arrive.
Then we grabbed a taxi outside the terminal that brought us straight to the hotel. It was a young male driver. He spoke some English, but not enough to make any long conversations. At one time I believe he thought that I wanted to marry him, so after clearing that up I figured that I better not ask any more questions. However I did learn from him that the taxis carry a price list of destinations outside of BKK (where they don’t use their meters). The price to Koh Samed was listed at 1800 Bath.



At the hotel I quickly fell asleep. Not having slept for 24 hours it felt quite nice.
I woke up in the late afternoon, and one our later our bag arrived. Now, I was ready to explore the city, but K, being 8 years old, had quite different plans. She insisted of going swimming in the hotel pool instead. Having this a father daughter vacation – I had to give in.
The next two hours we spent swimming, while the sun settled and the city lights came on.

No comments: